Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Shitmas

santa lol
   Every year?  Really? I mean, is this all really necessary? I guess if i was 12 then the answer would be yes, but since i am a good 20 years past that, the answer is undoubtedly NO. The vacation side of it is amazing. Nobody loves not working more than me, except of course people on welfare that actually get paid for not working, that would be the jam. So lets keep the tradition of taking time off at the end of every year, but lets skip the tree and lights crap. Kill the presents too. I don't need another red sweater, or Starbucks gift cards, or the inevitable pair of tube socks in my stocking.  A sock, with socks in it? Yes, i still get a stocking.  For a few years i was like, "Ma, i don't need a stocking on Xmas."  Then she didn't make me one, and Xmas morning comes, and I'm friggin left out cuz everyone else has a stocking. Sticking out sucks, sticking out without a stocking full of socks, deodorant, toothpaste, and carmex is a whole other ball of wax.  Ok, so lets kill the tree and lights crap, but still leave the stocking part, that's kinda fun. Not only that, but who likes going to CVS for such trivial items, when you can save the trip by showing up to xmas morning.  I should maybe try and think of the positives of Xmas.....hold on, let me think.
free food.
free wine.
playing video games with the kids and not getting judged for being 34 and still playing video games.
family time.
20 minute pre-meal prayers.
Starbucks gift cards.
sweaters...


wait...this is headed to negative town.....turn it around.

free food?

argh....come on Dec 26th!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't front, you loved the trumpet.

zbruns said...

Christmas hatred is an occupational side effect. It's basic Pavlovian training, I mean, how easy is it to love something that crushes your soul with stress every year?