Monday, October 5, 2009

OSB Update.....

Get your dicks out, it's Cocktober.

When you don't write for like....ever (say that with a valley girl accent) then I have to title the post "OSB Update". I know, I'm gay, but that's the way love goes....which BTW is a great Janet Jackson song.
So the Gnarly Davidson is in the shop with two blown head gaskets. That sounds so tuff to say. Its your go to if you don't know anything about motors. As if you were at a party with a group of guys and you got caught up in some conversations about heads, and cams, exhaust, and all things the like...and you just want to fit in so you say something like, "yeah, blew my head gaskets last weekend." What does that mean???? I can happily admit that I, like you, had no idea whatsoever. Actually thinking that it was one of those things that never REALLY happened...like when someone says they "threw a rod". Nobody throws rods...right?? or do they? who knows. All I know is that when I dropped the bike off at the local chop shop...dude took out a flashlight, pulled his jeans up by the denim just above the knee, kind of like when golfers do it with their slacks before reaching down and retrieving the ball out of the hole, bent down.....turned on the light, and then POW! the words I never thought I'd hear. "Looks like a blown head gasket." WTF? How does that happen??? Whats with these gaskets and why are they blowing? You remember this don't you? That was a gasket problem too. Maybe I drive too slow? Maybe its the lack of leather? Maybe its the jean vest? Maybe I should pay more attention to my bike before I ride it. If I had done that, I would have not, a) blown 2 head gaskets, b) lost my license plate on the freeway, c)lost my license plate mount on the freeway, and/or d) lost my side mirror. Never claimed to be smart. So that's my out. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Stone said...

Head gaskets and/or base gaskets are blown on every bike I own.
The shit happens, but the shit's an easy fix.
The blown base gaskets on my truck, however, are not quite so easy... I'll just continue dumping 6 quarts of oil a week into it until if finally up and dies. Cheaper than fixin' it.